Re: Creating redwood datestyle in Postgres 12

From: Tim <timfosho(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>, posgres support <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Creating redwood datestyle in Postgres 12
Date: 2021-03-26 20:21:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yes anything that involves management at a table level is not practical due
to the size of our database and limited amount of resources (me). I was not
aware of the orafce extension and will keep it in mind.

Tom, we currently are on EDB AS 12 but its becoming cost inefficient to
stay with EDB due to our scale, since their pricing reflects the size of
the production VMs that are used. So while this migration might be a pain
from the application side.. long run it would be cheaper.

Jonah, I'm assuming a patch would only apply per Postgres version... so any
future PG version upgrade would require a new patch? While I'm sure
technically its doable.. long run it would be more practical to just move
away from these cursed Oracle dates.

Thanks for your help everyone!