EDB to Postgres Migration

From: KK CHN <kkchn(dot)in(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: EDB to Postgres Migration
Date: 2023-07-13 06:28:12
Lists: pgsql-general

List,

Recently I happened to have managed a few EDB instances running on the
EDB-10 version .

I am looking for an option for migrating all these EDB instances to
Postgres Community edition.

1. What major steps / actions involved ( in bird's eye view ) for a
successful migration to postgres community edition . ( From EDB 10 to
Postgres 14 )

2. What major challenges are involved? (or any hurdles ?)

Please enlighten me with your experience..

Any reference links most welcome ..

PS: - The EDB instances are live and in production.. I can get a down time
( 5 to 15 Minutes Maximum) Or can live porting and upgrading to postgres
14 is possible with minimal downtime ?

Request your guidance,
Krishane.