WAL replication and Archive command for pgbackrest on same server conf

From: KK CHN <kkchn(dot)in(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WAL replication and Archive command for pgbackrest on same server conf
Date: 2024-08-19 13:10:05
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi List ,

I am trying to configure the pgbackrest on a live server ( RHEL9, EPAS16
and Pgbacrest .2.52) which is having a working WAL archive
configuration to a standby server in postgresql.conf as follows

1. archive_mod =on
2. archive_level=replica
3. archive_command = 'cp %p /data/archive/%f'

To do the pgbackrest conf on the same archive_command directive (So
both the existing WAL configuration as well as my new pgbackrest option
both will work smoothly. how to add an entry in line 3 ??

archive_command = 'pgbackrest --stanza=Demo archive-push cp %p
/data/archive/%f '

Please correct me If I am doing wrong in the above line..

Thank you,
Krish