Re: PgbackRest and EDB Query

From: KK CHN <kkchn(dot)in(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgbackRest and EDB Query
Date: 2024-07-18 13:19:07
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list,

Thank you all for your inputs, I am trying pgbacrest with Enterprised DB.
Locally pgbackrest works for EDB but when I am trying for remote
repository I am facing an issue ( from the remote host to EDB server
password less authentication part )

Trying to use a remote host as Repo Server I am facing the issue of
passwordless authentication(Public key private key).

1. From the EDB server I added the user pgbackrest directory and
generated ssh-keys and copied the id_rsa.pub to the Repo server
(pgbackrest user's .ssh dir with necessary permissions)
everything(passwordless auth) working to one side.

From the EDB Postgres Advanced Server nodes
$ sudo -u enterprisedb ssh pgbackrest(at)backup-server

This works from EDB server machine without any issue(password less auth
works)

2 But from the reposerver
$sudo -u pgbackrest ssh enterprisedb(at)EDB_Server_IP unable to do
password less auth( Its asking password for enterpridb(at)EDB_Server )

How to do the passwordless auth from the Repo server to the EDB server
for the default "enterprisedb" user of EDB ? ( enterprisedb user doesn't
have any home dir I mean /home/enterprisedb, so I am not sure where to
create .ssh dir and authorized_keys for passwordless auth )

Any one who has already tackled this kindly guide me on how to achieve
this .

Thank you,
Krishane