Trouble running pgadmin container on heroku

From: Akib Rhast <akib(dot)rhast(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trouble running pgadmin container on heroku
Date: 2020-08-11 18:13:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

I hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I am trying to run a pgadmin instance on heroku. However I have been
struggling with it a lot, I am personally of the opinion the reason for the
errors are due to permission issues. Especially when I want to use the
prebuilt container.

According to the docs of pgadmin container:
Warning: pgAdmin runs as the *pgadmin* user (UID: 5050) in the *pgadmin* group
(GID: 5050) in the container. You must ensure that all files are readable,
and where necessary (e.g. the working/session directory) writeable for this
user on the host machine. For example:

According to heroku container docs:
[image: image.png]
When deployed to Heroku, we also run your container as a non-root user
(although we do not use the USER specified in the Dockerfile).

Could anyone point me in the right direction on what to do to
--
*Akib Rahman*