Re: New to postgreSQL

From: tirveni yadav <yadav(dot)tirveni(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ramesh <ramesh4f(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New to postgreSQL
Date: 2017-09-04 16:08:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 7:41 PM, Ramesh <ramesh4f(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> HI all
>
> Im new to postgres.
>
> I tried to create user with the command createuser from outside the psql
> client. But got the below error.
>
> Based on tutorial, I could see the createuser <<username>> gets created, but
> while login it will throw error. My case is like below.
>

> [postgres(at)localhost ~]$ createuser mytest
> Password:
> createuser: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL: password
> authentication failed for user "postgres"

This could be due to enabling md5 authentication for user postgres.
And password not yet set up for the user postgres.

Check pg_hba.conf.

--
Regards,

Tirveni Yadav
www.udyansh.org
www.bael.io

What is this Universe ? From what it arises ? Into what does it go?
In freedom it arises, In freedom it rests and into freedom it melts away.
Upanishads.