Pg_logical without subscription. Can we log the operations ?

From: Dilshan <dilshanjsha(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2018-10-09 22:45:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Team,
I am working on a requirement, where I need to log each and every
operation on the master db. So I was thinking if I could do with pg_logical
by setting my master db as publisher and setting a new db as subscriber and
dropping the subscription there after. I am wondering, how to get the
operations that a subscription would receive just into logs. Could you
guide me on that? Otherwise is there a possibility to receive all the
operation without dropping subscription and logging the details and
deleting the subscription tables to save space. I am planning to have logs
rotated and purging logs every month. Could you please guide me about the
possibility of this approach?
Thanks in advance,
Dilshan