MV refresh only when master tables changes

From: Firthouse banu <penguinsfairy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: MV refresh only when master tables changes
Date: 2023-01-13 12:45:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello everyone,

In oracle we have user table sys.all_mviews which will have columns like
staleness and compile_state which shows us whether data in MV is in sync
with master tables or not and we can refresh MV if compile_state is not
valid or staleness is not fresh or unknown . Is there any same way to do
refresh of MV in Postgres without having triggers on master tables or
scheduling refresh for every 2 hours or so. Please pour your suggestions.

Thanks