Re: Syncrep and improving latency due to WAL throttling

From: Jakub Wartak <jakub(dot)wartak(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Soumyadeep Chakraborty <soumyadeep2007(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(at)vondra(dot)me>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "shirisha(dot)sn(at)broadcom(dot)com" <shirisha(dot)sn(at)broadcom(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Syncrep and improving latency due to WAL throttling
Date: 2024-10-18 07:49:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Soumyadeep & Shirisha,

On Wed, Oct 16, 2024 at 8:04 AM Soumyadeep Chakraborty <
soumyadeep2007(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hey Tomas,
>
> Would you be interested in registering the patch for CF 2024-11?
>
> Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help with additional
> review
> or testing.

Tomas has apparently never received Your earlier email with review [1] -
I've included his current email in this message and I've registered it in
CF under https://commitfest.postgresql.org/50/5309/ . Even if this $topic
doesn't get traction and will be rejected/returned with feedback due to
lack of feedback or work, having the record in CF should help others in
future using those patches and design discussions as a good starting
point. Right now I do not have plans to work on that,but maybe I'll be
able to help in future.

Regards,
-Jakub Wartak.

[1] -