Upgrading from 9.6 to 12

From: Kasun Kulathunga <kask18(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Upgrading from 9.6 to 12
Date: 2020-01-15 16:19:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

We're currently in the beginning phases of a project to upgrade our
Postgres cluster from 9.6 to a newer version (most likely v12).

This is actually going to be a two part move since we're going to move from
a RHEL-backed cluster to an Ubuntu server-backed one.

I was wondering if there are any potential pitfalls we should look out for,
particularly considering we're jumping up 4 major version and tossing in an
OS change for good measure.

Best Regards,
Kasun Kulathunga