How to run a script with Query Tool?

From: Richard Bernstein <richb201(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to run a script with Query Tool?
Date: 2020-06-19 16:00:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a script that I need to run. The SQL script first creates a database
called sampledb.
CREATE DATABASE `sampledb`
I read in the docs that to start the Query Tool I need to pick Query Tool
from the Tools menu. But the Query Tool is greyed out unless I have already
chosen a database. I am concerned about running the script (which creates a
database) since I am already in a database. Seems illogical. Can someone
confirm that I can run my script in any of the existing databases with
causing a major issue for myself?