running a batch script

From: Richard Bernstein <richb201(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: running a batch script
Date: 2020-06-19 15:30:49
Lists: pgsql-general

I am trying to test out a package called phpGrid and I need to run through
its tutorial. But there are some "kinks". I am developing on my ubuntu
laptop in a docker container. The postgresql I need to test-to is AWS RDS
Postgresql. I have an account and Server and can access it with pgAdmin.
The install instructs for phpGrid asked me to modify conf.php. In my case I
used app.conf which sets up the virtual host. I restarted the containers.
Next the tutorial wants me to "run" an sql batch script to create the
table. The batch script is pretty mySQL centric. I am attaching it.

Can I run this from pgAdmin the same way I would with phpMyAdmin in mySQL?
Do I need to modify the script for postgresql? Is this the easiest way to
create this sample table? I have one table that I have created in pgAdmin
called called imagesdatabase and I'd prefer not to break that since it took
some time with AWS support to get that going.

Attachment Content-Type Size
mysql_db.sql application/sql 234.5 KB