Re: pgAdmin Event Trigger Compatibility

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin Event Trigger Compatibility
Date: 2013-07-04 14:10:41
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your time.

Please find the attached new patch for the same. As per my testing on
windows/linux, it's working fine.

Kindly let me know if you face any issues and suggestions.

Dinesh

--
*Dinesh Kumar*
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.co
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
*
Follow us on Twitter*
@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars,
whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> i Dave.
>
> Thanks for your inputs. I have built this patch on Linux and found one
> minor issue. I am not sure this is a known behavior or problem in building.
>
> Hence, i would like to discuss this with our team once and will update
> this thread with the new patch.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dinesh
>
> --
> *Dinesh Kumar*
> Software Engineer
>
> Ph: +918087463317
> Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
> www.enterprisedb.co <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
> *
> Follow us on Twitter*
> @EnterpriseDB
>
> Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
> more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Dinesh Kumar <
>> dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dave,
>>>
>>> Please find the attached patch file for the pgAdmin's event trigger
>>> compatibility. This patch has been build on the pgAdmin's master branch.
>>>
>>> I would like to request you to share inputs and suggestions on this
>>> patch.
>>>

>> I'm guessing you only tested this on Windows? Please update the GNU build
>> system and check it works properly on Linux or Mac too. At minimum you need
>> to fix:
>>
>> In file included from dlg/dlgProperty.cpp:63:
>> ../pgadmin/include/schema/pgEventTrigger.h:48: error: extra qualification
>> ‘pgEventTrigger::’ on member ‘IsUpToDate’
>>
>> and
>>
>> Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
>>
>> "enabledisableEventTriggerFactory::enabledisableEventTriggerFactory(menuFactoryList*,
>> wxMenu*, ctlMenuToolbar*)", referenced from:
>> frmMain::CreateMenus() in frmMain.o
>> "_eventTriggerFactory", referenced from:
>> pgDatabase::ShowTreeDetail(ctlTree*, frmMain*, ctlListView*,
>> ctlSQLBox*) in pgDatabase.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
>>
>> (which almost certainly occurs because the new files haven't been added
>> to the makefile fragments).
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> (and as a side-note - please don't CC me on pgAdmin patch submissions; I
>> don't use my EDB address on the mailing lists. Thanks.)
>>

>> --
>> Dave Page
>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>> Twitter: @pgsnake

>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
Pg9.3_Event_Trigger_V2.patch application/octet-stream 49.5 KB