Re: v 1.16.1 incorrectly displays the properties of a FDW table

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Bill MacArthur <webmaster(at)dhs-club(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: v 1.16.1 incorrectly displays the properties of a FDW table
Date: 2013-08-06 16:46:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

Sorry, forgot to add patch.

Please find the attached fix for this issue.

Dinesh

--
*Dinesh Kumar*
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.co
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
*
Follow us on Twitter*
@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars,
whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:29 PM, Dinesh Kumar <
> dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Apologizes for the wrong analysis which i have shared in the last
>> e-mail. The problem was not with the OS. And the problem which i have
>> identified is with the "Installed pgAdmin which came with our pg
>> installer", and "Debug mode pgAdmin which i have built it in my local
>> development box". In windows 7 also, i am getting the same reported issue
>> if the pgAdmin is an installed one. In windows xp it's working fine, if the
>> build is a debug one.
>>
>> When i open the installed pgAdmin, in most of the case(like 90%), i am
>> getting the improper output and in 10% of the cases i have been
>> successfully getting the required output. I believe, this is the problem
>> with garbage values in the following two variables which have been declared
>> in "pgForeignTable::iSetOptions()"
>> bool wrappedInQuotes, antislash;
>>
>> When i assign the values of these two variables like "true", and "true"
>> as garbage values then i am able to re-producing the same issue in the
>> debug mode also. When wrappedInQuotes = true (as a garbage value), then
>> the written algorithm is not working as expected. If i initialize these
>> two variables with false, then it's working as expected.
>>
>> Kindly let me know your inputs on this.
>>

> Well it all sounds good, but without a patch.... :-)
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
FDW_Options_Format.patch application/octet-stream 452 bytes