Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: John Foelster <johnfoelster(at)comcast(dot)net>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Password setting having somewhat bizarre results.
Date: 2013-08-12 20:16:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your co-ordination on fixing this issue.

I believe, i have found the cause of this. This is due to "VALID UNTIL
'1969-12-31 00:00:00';" option. For confirming this, do you mind to do the
following steps once again and let me know the status.

Create new login
-------------------------
1. Logged into PG 9.2 as a super user("postgres").
2. Created new login role by performing right click on "Login Role" - >
"Create New Login".
3. Entered the new login name and password.
4. Disconnected from pgAdmin and re-logged in the pgAdmin using above
created logins, and i am able to connect.

hen you do resetting the password of this user, please uncheck the option
"Account Expires"

in the "Definition" tab, which is enabled by default. And then try to
re-login using the changed password.

hanks.

Dinesh

--
*Dinesh Kumar*
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.co
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
*
Follow us on Twitter*
@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars,
whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>