Re: PgAdmin crash on large data returned by a query

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PgAdmin crash on large data returned by a query
Date: 2013-10-22 07:33:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM, Edson Richter <edsonrichter(at)hotmail(dot)com>wrote:

> To "destroy" my Windows box I just have to execute in PgAdmin 1.16.1 the
> following query on any database:
>
> select database_to_xml(true, true, 'http://myorg.org');
>
> This will freeze my Windows 7 x64 box until I restart the computer.
> Is there any chance to make PgAdmin a bit more "crash proof"?

I am sure, this is due to the wxGrid performance issue. Earlier i have
posted the same issue in wxwidgets forum, and i didn't get any reply from
there. Strangely, i am not able to find the link for the discussion i have
started :(.

I will go and raise a bug in wxwidgets forum for this case.

Thanks,
Dinesh