Re: Tool for translation of Oracle PL/SQL into Postgresql PL/pgSQL

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: suhas_bt022 <suhas_bt022(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Tool for translation of Oracle PL/SQL into Postgresql PL/pgSQL
Date: 2014-02-06 13:51:25
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Suhas,

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 6:54 PM, suhas_bt022 <suhas_bt022(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in> wrote:

> We have tried it already.Actually there are a quite a lot of syntax changes
> required .Which is making task time consuming.
>
> You can find below statement in ora2pg website.
> Ora2Pg do its best to automatically convert your Oracle database to
> PostgreSQL but there's still manual works to do. The Oracle specific PL/SQL
> code generated for functions, procedures, packages and triggers has to be
> reviewed to match the PostgreSQL syntax.
>
> Oh. Sorry :)

Once i have used *SQLWays* kind of tool for the conversion of Oracle to
PostgreSQL. But i didn't remember the name of that tool. Even the tool i
have used didn't gave me 100% expected result. Still, i modified the code
given by the tool as per business needs.

Hope someone will give you better tools on this.

Thanks,
Dinesh

Thanks