Re: v 1.16.1 incorrectly displays the properties of a FDW table

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Bill MacArthur <webmaster(at)dhs-club(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: v 1.16.1 incorrectly displays the properties of a FDW table
Date: 2013-08-06 14:29:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Dave,

Apologizes for the wrong analysis which i have shared in the last e-mail.
The problem was not with the OS. And the problem which i have identified is
with the "Installed pgAdmin which came with our pg installer", and "Debug
mode pgAdmin which i have built it in my local development box". In windows
7 also, i am getting the same reported issue if the pgAdmin is an installed
one. In windows xp it's working fine, if the build is a debug one.

When i open the installed pgAdmin, in most of the case(like 90%), i am
getting the improper output and in 10% of the cases i have been
successfully getting the required output. I believe, this is the problem
with garbage values in the following two variables which have been declared
in "pgForeignTable::iSetOptions()"
bool wrappedInQuotes, antislash;

When i assign the values of these two variables like "true", and "true" as
garbage values then i am able to re-producing the same issue in the debug
mode also. When wrappedInQuotes = true (as a garbage value), then the
written algorithm is not working as expected. If i initialize these two
variables with false, then it's working as expected.

Kindly let me know your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

--
*Dinesh Kumar*
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.co
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
*
Follow us on Twitter*
@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars,
whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>