Re: Procedure "RENAME, SET SCHEMA" issues patch.

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Procedure "RENAME, SET SCHEMA" issues patch.
Date: 2013-05-08 06:51:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

i Dave,

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Dinesh Kumar
<dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>wrote:

>> Dear Team,
>>
>> I would like to submit a patch for the Procedure "RENAME, SET SCHEMA"
>> issue.
>>
>> Issue:
>> ====
>> If we try to rename the Procedure from the pgAdmin 1.16 by it's
>> properties dialogue window, then we will get "ERROR: syntax error at or
>> near RENAME".
>>
>> Attached the screen shot of this issue, and the bug fix.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> Have you tested this with older versions of PPAS (i.e. 8.4)? If memory
> serves, the were inconsistencies in the way procedure modifications we made
> in older versions.

I have tested the same case against PPAS 8.4 with pgAdmin 1.16 and got the
same error. And i have my old setup, which is PPAS 8.3R2 and PEM (2.0.2)
and it is working fine.

> Also, is changing of the owner not supported? The patch seems to remove
> code to deal with that.

Sorry Dave, It's my mistake. I have double checked the ownership changes of
procedure and included the respective call function in place.

Attaching the new patch.

Thanks in advance.

> Dinesh
>
> --
> *Dinesh Kumar*
> Software Engineer
>
> Ph: +918087463317
> Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
> www.enterprisedb.co <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
> *
> Follow us on Twitter*
> @EnterpriseDB
>
> Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
> more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin_1_16_procedue_rename_fix.patch~ application/octet-stream 1.1 KB