Re: Patch for EDB binary path not set by default.

From: Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch for EDB binary path not set by default.
Date: 2013-11-11 06:57:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Ashesh,

Sorry for the huge delay on this.

Please find the updated patch for this issue.

Thanks.

Dinesh

--
*Dinesh Kumar*
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.co
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>

*Follow us on Twitter*
@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars,
whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
> wrote:

> Thanks Ashesh.
>
> Let me send new patch as per the suggested changes.
>

> Dinesh
>
> --
> *Dinesh Kumar*
> Software Engineer
>
> Ph: +918087463317
> Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
> www.enterprisedb.co <http://www.enterprisedb.com/>m<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>
>
> *Follow us on Twitter*
> @EnterpriseDB
>
> Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers<http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community> and
> more <http://www.enterprisedb.com/resources-community>
>

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Ashesh Vashi <
> ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> As per your comments, you first need to check - it is 64 bit windows or
>> not, and then check it is 32 bit pgAdmin III.
>>
>> Hence - the code should look like something like this:
>> *if (::wxIsPlatform64Bit() && programFiles == programFilesX86)*
>> *{*
>> *...*
>>
>> * pgRegKey *pgKey = pgRegKey::OpenRegKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
>> wxT("SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion"),
>> pgRegKey::PGREG_READ, pgRegKey::PGREG_WOW64); *
>> *...*
>> *}*
>>

>> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>
>>> Ashesh - can you review/commit this please? I'm swamped at the moment.
>>> Thanks.

>>> which
>>> EDB

>>> looks

>>> key is
>>> file.

>>> "EnterpriseDBPath" is
>>> "pg_dump.exe"

>>> fine in
>>> 64-bit

>>> doesn't
>>> directory for
>>> preprocessor macro

>>> solution to
>>> in a
>>> 2008 R2
>>> solution
>>> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion",

>>> preprocessor

>>> --
>>> Dave Page
>>> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
>>> Twitter: @pgsnake
>>>
>>> EnterpriseDB UK: http://www.enterprisedb.com
>>> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
>>>

>> --
>> --
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>>
>> Ashesh Vashi
>> EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company<http://www.enterprisedb.com>
>>

>> *http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>

Attachment Content-Type Size
Fix_EnterpriseDBPath_Notset_Bydefault-V3.patch application/octet-stream 1.6 KB