Re: Replication mode

From: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication mode
Date: 2018-01-10 22:17:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks!
But with hot standby my slave will be in read-only mode ...how can I just
use my slave as a backup and not do any read operation and let my primary
server do all read and write operation. If my primary fails I will do
manual failover. The whole idea is to remove any 3rd party open source
tools as we are not sure how well they behave and avoid any single point of
failure.