Postgres back up error

From: Azimuddin Mohammed <azimeiu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres back up error
Date: 2018-04-26 18:34:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello All,

I am trying to implement postgres database backup and restore on existing
database. I am using the pg_dump utility to back up the database pg_dump -U
postgres testdb -f testdb.sql

My backup is successfully generated with the latest data in it BUT when I
restore this file using the command “psql -U postgres db.sql testdb -f in
another standby server I am getting this below error. I understand that its
stopping me because the database already exist with table column as
primary key column. How can I over write this I need to restore my database
nightly on my standby server.

SET

SET

SET

SET

SET

SET

SET

SET

CREATE EXTENSION

COMMENT

SET

SET

SET

Psql testdb_pg_backup.sql:47: ERROR: relation "company" already exists

ALTER TABLE

Psql testdb_pg_backup.sql:60: ERROR: relation "department" already exists

ALTER TABLE

psql: testdb_pg_backup.sql:72: ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique
constraint "company_pkey"

DETAIL: Key (id)=(1) already exists.

CONTEXT: COPY company, line 1

COPY 0

psql: testdb_pg_backup.sql:88: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table
"company" are not allowed

psql: testdb_pg_backup.sql:96: ERROR: multiple primary keys for table
"department" are not allowed