Setting up postgresql with xcode

From: Sumit Chaturvedi <sumit(dot)chaturvedi(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting up postgresql with xcode
Date: 2018-07-28 07:37:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello everyone. I'm a third year student from IIT Bombay, India. Since I'm
currently learning about databases, I wanted to debug postgresql with
xcode. However, I am having a lot of problems.
OS - 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
Xcode - 9.4.1

To set up my system, I tried to replicate the instructions found at
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse for my case.

Everything proceeded fine until a point where I had to change the run
configuration (scheme in xcode terms). I set the executable as postgre from
/src/backend and gave the appropriate arguments. Then, when I pressed run,
I got an error as shown in the attachment.
To solve it, I set up my environment variables in xcode appropriately to
make sure that locale information was reaching wherever it was needed. But
even now, when I press run I get the same error.

Hoping someone can share with me how they went about with their setup.

--
Sumit Chaturvedi

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 37.3 KB
Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 1.04.27 PM.png image/png 75.7 KB
image/png 64.3 KB