Re: postgresql recommendation memory

From: Евгений Селявка <evg(dot)selyavka(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql recommendation memory
Date: 2013-11-11 08:09:14
Lists: pgsql-performance

Scott hi, i calculate all of my jdbc pool size. Maximum is 300 connections
from components wich use jdbc. I don't think that this is a good idea use
pgbouncer, because our application using spring framework which using jdbc
and prepared statement. I try to talk with our developer about disabling
prepared statement in this framework, they don't want do this. Thats why i
will try to upgrade HW and buy CPU with more core as you say based on
formula 3-4xcore. But most of this connection is idle. This is a web based
app not a datawarehouse, thats why all this connection is lightwear.

About my db freeze i set this kernel parameter:
echo 1048576 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes
echo 80 > /proc/sys/vm/vfs_cache_pressure

And my freeze intervals is steel smaller. I try to dig deeper.

--
С уважением Селявка Евгений