Re: Metric to calculate WAL size left to transfer to Standby

From: Viral Shah <vshah(at)nodalexchange(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Metric to calculate WAL size left to transfer to Standby
Date: 2021-04-16 23:52:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello Laurenz,

Thank you so much for sending the query. It was exactly what I needed. I
just made 1 modification to beautify the transfer and replay lag and I can
see the size in bytes.

SELECT application_name,
pg_size_pretty(pg_wal_lsn_diff(pg_current_wal_lsn(), flush_lsn)) AS
transfer_lag,
pg_size_pretty(pg_wal_lsn_diff(pg_current_wal_lsn(), replay_lsn))
AS replay_lag
FROM pg_stat_replication;

I am now using zabbix to constantly monitor them and notify myself if
it breaches a certain threshold.

Thanks again!

Best,

Viral Shah