Roles and Privileges

From: JC Putter <jcputter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Roles and Privileges
Date: 2017-05-25 10:20:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I would like to setup a new schema on an existing database and grant a set
of users full control to the schema.

I've done the following and would appreciate help as I'm not getting the
behavior I was hoping for.

I create a new group role and added members to the role then granted the
role all privileges to the schema.

When users create tables the table owner it set to the user instead of the
role and I have to grant each newly created table before other members can
access it.

I've altered the default privileges however it seems to not have an effect.
Someone pointed out that users would need to SET ROLE before creating
tables, is this the only possible way or it there another way to achieve
this?

Thank you in advance