Re: pgadmin4 3.5's dependency on psutil is a bit painful

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: David Gilman <davidgilman1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin4 3.5's dependency on psutil is a bit painful
Date: 2018-11-08 11:19:15
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

We need psutil to handle backend process management, ie allow the user to
terminate long-running backup or restore job. I don't see any alternative
to psutil at a moment which supports cross-platform process management like
psutil do.

I think the reason why there is no binary wheel is that it is hard to
maintain platform specific binary wheels.

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala