Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to Comment/Uncomment code in query editor

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Chethana Kumar <chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: Allow user to Comment/Uncomment code in query editor
Date: 2017-07-26 09:29:42
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Please find updated patch for new shortcut keys, I have tested it on all
three major platforms (macOS, Linux & Windows with Chrome, FF & IE11
Browsers).

--
Regards,
Murtuza Zabuawala

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 9:38 PM, Robert Eckhardt <reckhardt(at)pivotal(dot)io>
wrote:

> Right - we lose the ability to uncomment multiple levels though, which may
>> also be useful.
>>

> Well yes.
>
> I would argue that simplicity trumps potential use. I'd also argue that
> attempting to maintain consistency across environments (IDEs, etc. ) is
> advantageous. This was the philosophy we were going with when enabling
> excel like behavior (also why I'm not fully happy with how it is today).
>
> -- Rob

Attachment Content-Type Size
updated_keyboard_shortcuts.diff text/plain 6.2 KB