Re: Data grid: fetching/scrolling data on user demand

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data grid: fetching/scrolling data on user demand
Date: 2017-10-16 19:52:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 12:40 AM, legrand legrand <
legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> maybe this behavior is related to fetching records using a server-side
> cursor
> ?
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Using_psycopg2_with_
> PostgreSQL#Fetch_Records_using_a_Server-Side_Cursor

​No we are not using server side cursor.
pgAdmin4 execute queries in async mode
<http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/advanced.html#asynchronous-support> and poll
the result as it gets available on connection file descriptor, so the delay
you are facing on cross join is from psycopg2 driver itself, pgAdmin4 will
start polling result data in batch (1000 records by default) incrementally
as soon as they gets available on
connection file descriptor
​.​