Re: pgAdmin4 - Tree view icons for final reveiw

From: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Chethana Kumar <chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Shirley Wang <swang(at)pivotal(dot)io>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin4 - Tree view icons for final reveiw
Date: 2017-08-23 08:03:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Chethana,

On Wed, Aug 23, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Chethana Kumar <
chethana(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Murtuza,
>
> Please see my reply inline along with the updated .svg file for tree view
> icons.
>

> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 11:17 AM, Murtuza Zabuawala <
> murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chethana,
>>
>> - The icons for Server node is missing, we will need given set of icons
>> for server.
>> 1) Basic Server icon (Disconnect state)
>> 2) PG (Connected state)
>> 3) EPAS (Connected state)
>> 4) GreenPlum (Connected state)
>> [Attaching current icons for PG & EPAS, I'm not sure about GreenPlum
>> server icon.]
>>
>> - I'm not sure where we will use serverbad icon from
>> 'tree_view_Icons.svg' file as it looks like server-group icon and not
>> individual server.
>>
> The icon is there in the pgAdmin's icon folder and it is needed for the
> application

​Yes, we need serverbad icon which indicates the server in disconnect state
but what we have on svg is same icon as server-group icon, we need icon for
individual server.​

[image: Inline image 1]

​Something like this below which will differentiate individual server icon
from server-group icon,
[image: Inline image 6]​

>> - Icon set for Schema & Catalog (both collection and individual) looks
>> very similar to each other with minor colour difference, we have to look
>> very carefully to identify them each.
>>
> Agree with this point and come up with some updations on it. This time I
> have made it pretty differentiable between Schema and Catalog.
>

>> - Why do we require two different set of icons for Tables & Columns, I
>> mean one for Schema and one for Catalog?
>>
> Agreed, I have kept single icon for tables and columns.
>

>> - Icons for Partition node is same for collection and individual.
>>
> Working on it
>

>> - Icons for Event trigger node and Trigger node are very different from
>> each other despite both are triggers.
>>
> Agreed, done the changes accordingly.

​This is still different.

*Current Event trigger icon:*
[image: Inline image 4]
*New​ **Event trigger*
*​ Icon:*
[image: Inline image 2]​

*Current Trigger icon:*

*[image: Inline image 5]*
*New Trigger Icon:*
[image: Inline image 3]
​If you see both icons are same.
*[Suggestion: Can we do similar to what we have done with View &
Materialized view icons, we have added M in the icon for materialized view,
Same way we can have Trigger icon and for Event trigger we can add E in the
icon]*