Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow

From: girish R G peetle <giri(dot)anamika0(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)pgexperts(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Dump rate is too slow
Date: 2015-01-08 06:36:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks David and Jeff.

@David: In our case we don't want to redirect the dump data to local disk.
We will redirect the dump it to a FIFO file ( pipe ). From FIFO file we
read the dump data and push to backup Media ( Tape, SAN etc. ). So we
can't use directory output.

@Jeff: Sure, I will reduce compression ratio and update the thread with
outcome. Also I'll recommend to setup standby with streaming replication.