Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe

From: girish R G peetle <giri(dot)anamika0(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Dump based backup using pipe
Date: 2015-05-27 16:25:14
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Tom,
Thanks for checking. Here is the details.

PostgreSQL Version - 9.2.8

Dump command : pg_dump.exe -U postgres -Fc -b test

Platform : Windows Server 2008 R2

Output of dump command is redirected to write end of named pipe. From read
end of the pipe data is read.
Also I see below errors in dump output.

*pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position
-- ftell used*

Error returned by pg_restore

pg_restore -Fc -U postgres --port=5488 -d <DB> <DUMP-FILE>

*pg_restore: processing data for table "tabel35" pg_restore: [compress_io]
could not uncompress data: invalid bit length repeat*

Thanks
Girish