Re: "set primary keys..." is missing when using hight values for transactions / scaling factor with pgbench

From: David Rowley <david(dot)rowley(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Elvir Kurić <elvirkuric(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "set primary keys..." is missing when using hight values for transactions / scaling factor with pgbench
Date: 2018-06-26 12:41:31
Lists: pgsql-performance

On 27 June 2018 at 00:21, Elvir Kurić <elvirkuric(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I have strange issue with pgbench where it fails to execute step to create
> primary keys when I specify scaling factor / transactions to some reasonable
> high value - eg. 8k.

The primary keys are only created in -i mode, which can't be used in
conjunction with the options you've mentioned.

pgbench will perform a vacuum before an actual test run, so perhaps
that's what you're seeing. You may also have noticed it also didn't
perform the create tables and data population too without -i.