Re: "checkpointer process" is consuming more memory. How to control it?

From: Avi Vallarapu <avi(dot)vallarapu(at)percona(dot)com>
To: Raghavendra Rao J S V <raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Avinash Kumar <avinash(dot)vallarapu(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "checkpointer process" is consuming more memory. How to control it?
Date: 2018-08-22 14:14:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Seams like you are with the default or fairly less checkpoint_* settings.

You need to look at several patterns to understand the best values for
these settings.

For now, i can say 300 seconds for checkpoint_timeout could be fairly very
less. Try increasing that with a reload.

See this =>
https://www.percona.com/blog/2018/06/15/tuning-postgresql-for-sysbench-tpcc/

Please do note that delaying checkpointing could also increase the time for
crash recovery/shutdown, etc.........

--
Thanks & Regards,
Avinash Vallarapu (Avi).