Re: Recursive Arrays 101

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Blomstrom <david(dot)blomstrom(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recursive Arrays 101
Date: 2015-10-26 23:42:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM, David Blomstrom <david(dot)blomstrom(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I just deleted the PSQL icon from the dock, so I have to go into
> Applications > PostgreSQL and open it. When I click on the PSQL icon, it
> opens my Apple terminal, with the following text:
>
> Last login: Mon Oct 26 16:35:25 on ttys002
>
> /Library/PostgreSQL/9.5/scripts/runpsql.sh; exit
>
> Davids-MacBook-Pro-2:~ davidblomstrom$
> /Library/PostgreSQL/9.5/scripts/runpsql.sh; exit
>
> Server [localhost]:

​So your Mac has this same connection helper script as Windows. Once you
get connected to the actual "psql" prompt you can start entering the
commands you were given. The correct values for the prompts would depend
on your setup but it cannot hurt to simply accept all defaults and see what
happens.

David J.