Re: UUID generation problem

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca" <byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: UUID generation problem
Date: 2020-10-05 20:33:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On Monday, October 5, 2020, James B. Byrne <byrnejb(at)harte-lyne(dot)ca> wrote:

> idempiere(5432)=# alter role "idempiere_dbadmin" set search_path =
> 'adempiere,
> public';
> ALTER ROLE
> idempiere(5432)=# select current_schemas(true);
> current_schemas
> -----------------
> {pg_catalog}
> (1 row)
>
> This does not look like the ALTER statement had any effect. Am I missing
> a step?

Whenever the role subsequently starts a new session, the specified value
becomes the session default, overriding whatever setting is present in
postgresql.conf or has been received from the postgres command line. This
only happens at login time; executing SET ROLE
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/sql-set-role.html> or SET SESSION
AUTHORIZATION
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/sql-set-session-authorization.html> does
not cause new configuration values to be set.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/sql-alterrole.html

David J.