Re: pg_upgrade issue, upgrading from v10 to v14

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daulat <daulat(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_upgrade issue, upgrading from v10 to v14
Date: 2022-07-28 04:58:19
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wednesday, July 27, 2022, Daulat <daulat(dot)dba(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> Please help on the postgres upgrade issue. We are upgrading from v10 to v14
>
> Message:
>
> Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
> new installation. You can add these libraries to the new installation,
> or remove the functions using them from the old installation. A list of
> problem libraries is in the file:
> loadable_libraries.txt
>
> Failure, exiting
> postgres(at)test-Lenovo-C40-30:/etc/postgresql/10$ cat
> loadable_libraries.txt
> could not load library "$libdir/postgis-2.5": ERROR: could not access
> file "$libdir/postgis-2.5": No such file or directory
> In database: Test_DB
> could not load library "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.5": ERROR: could not access
> file "$libdir/rtpostgis-2.5": No such file or directory
> In database: Test_DB
> postgres(at)test-Lenovo-C40-30:/etc/postgresql/10

IOW, you are using PostGIS, read their documentation and inspect their
version matrix and decide on an upgrade path you want to follow, ensuring
that when you run pg_upgrade the same version of PostGIS exists in the old
and new clusters.

Or take the first option and uninstall PostGIS on the existing server.

David J.