Re: BUG #16868: Cannot find sqlstat error codes.

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: bipsy Nair <nbipin29(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16868: Cannot find sqlstat error codes.
Date: 2021-02-17 18:23:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wednesday, February 17, 2021, bipsy Nair <nbipin29(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> 4. Test on Postgres with parameter ==> log_error_verbosity=verbose
> SELECT name, setting FROM pg_settings WHERE name LIKE
> 'log_error_verbosity';
>
> postgres=> create table bipin (id int);
> ERROR: relation "bipin" already exists
> postgres=> insert into bipin values(1);
> ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_error_logging"
> ==> NO SQL STATE captured.
> DETAIL: Key (id)=(1) already exists.

That setting is for the log file, but you are showing what the client sees
(which the server doesn’t really care about or influence - beyond
client_min_message anyway).

> But when i run the following it shows.
> postgres=> \errverbose
> ERROR: 23505: duplicate key value violates unique constraint
> "pk_error_logging"

Which proves the server is doing its job of sending back that data as
specified in the protocol.

> So we need a workaround wherein it can show the SQLSTATE code and want to
> know if its limitation at Postgres DB level.

No, its not a server limitation, its a client limitation - in this case
boto3.

David J.