Re: Restore relhaspkey in PostgreSQL Version 11 Beta

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Restore relhaspkey in PostgreSQL Version 11 Beta
Date: 2018-07-30 23:32:14
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 4:11 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> *Random atavistic things? I hardly think relhaspkey is random. It's been
> there since version 7.2.*
> *Exactly how does keeping it around slow you/us down?*

My recap of the discussion thread:
That this has been around for a long time is not new information that was
unknown at the time the decision was made. It was made in spite of that
piece of evidence. It was decided that the leaving a "foot-gun" around for
new people to use was a problem worthy of solving. It this situation I find
the decision (given that no one is willing to make the field work as named)
to be the correct one (by a not-wide margin).

David J.