Re: temporarily disable autovacuum on a database or server ?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jonathan Vanasco <postgres(at)2xlp(dot)com>, pgsql-general general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: temporarily disable autovacuum on a database or server ?
Date: 2017-01-12 01:25:21
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 6:19 PM, Melvin Davidson <melvin6925(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> *Yes, you're right about ALTER SYSTER. Unfortunately, the op provided
> neither PostgreSQL version or O/S, so we can't even be sure that is *
>
> *an option. That is why I stated "I cannot confirm".*

​Thought it was just a non-desire since your solution wouldn't work on any
version or O/S...the later of which has zero bearing on the question at
hand unless you wish to provide an example of how to manually edit the
postgresql.conf file.

David J.