Re: Missing information about CREATE TRIGGER on temporary tables

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sebastien Flaesch <sebastien(dot)flaesch(at)4js(dot)com>, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Missing information about CREATE TRIGGER on temporary tables
Date: 2022-03-08 16:38:39
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 9:25 AM PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/sql-createtrigger.html
>
> To be confirmed by the developer community...
> The reference page about CREATE TRIGGER should indicate if it's allowed to
> create triggers on temp tables.
> This seems to be the supported, but I was wondering what happens with the
> trigger name when created on a temp table.
> It appears that no conflict can occur with other processes, and the same
> trigger name can be used by different processes.
> Checking the system tables, it appears that the trigger is created in
> user's
> pg_my_temp_schema() ...

Assuming this was moderated and so delayed. Answered on the -sql list
email thread:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKFQuwZNZzgpo%2BP8bF6HG%3DVMq9ZZaw2kpvpgq1KaaL59NFVUTw%40mail.gmail.com

In short, temporary tables are tables, and the naming behavior is
documented on this page.

David J.