Re: In docs there is no "Installation from Binaries" section

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: cheekiebreek(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: In docs there is no "Installation from Binaries" section
Date: 2023-08-20 16:52:34
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Sun, Aug 20, 2023 at 8:56 AM PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/install-binaries.html
>
> Installing software from ZIP archive is a common practice, pgsql provides
> such archive, but doesn't provide instructions on what to do with it.

Where are you seeing such a zip archive? I'm familiar with us producing
tar gzip archives of the source code for compiling, but we don't produce
binaries that I know of.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/install-getsource.html

David J.