Bug in JDBC.driver CopyManager method when copying json output

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: "Gerson(dot)Stadlmann(at)ifco(dot)com" <Gerson(dot)Stadlmann(at)ifco(dot)com>, List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug in JDBC.driver CopyManager method when copying json output
Date: 2018-10-20 14:44:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

The backend is respecting the documented meanings and usage of the QUOTE
and ESCAPE options of COPY.

Not sure what a JSON mode would look like though I’m thinking it’s not what
was described here...

For now you either need to fiddle with those options of COPY or avoid it
and generate your own output document. Didn’t try but I do presume feeding
the output to COPY FROM reaults in a valid import.

David J.