Re: Postgres 9.6 to 12.7 pg_upgrade error - terminating connection due to administrator command

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dhanush D <dhanushdk94(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 9.6 to 12.7 pg_upgrade error - terminating connection due to administrator command
Date: 2021-08-02 19:06:24
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 11:42 AM Dhanush D <dhanushdk94(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Multiple "Create sequence" and "Drop sequence". However the drop sequence
> doesn't seem to drop the sequence cleanly hence failing the restore process.

It shouldn't be dropping at all - it assumes it is starting from an empty
slate.

Same question as before, on the 9.6 instance, does this sequence actually
show up twice? If so, how it came to be that way might be interesting, and
others may wish to investigate, but ultimately one of the two would have to
be removed (not something I feel qualified to walk someone else through via
email) from the 9.6, after which the upgrade should get past that point.

David J.