Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fresh eyeballs needed: input into error
Date: 2022-04-26 21:59:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Apr 26, 2022 at 2:54 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Apr 2022, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing some sort of hidden character.
>
> Adrian,
>
> Oh, ... forgot to mention in my response that the MWE values were added to
> the template in emacs while I get the same error using psql -d <database>
> -f
> <filename> in a v.t. or entering 'insert into people values (...)' within
> the psql shell.
>
> All throw the same error.

What version of PostgreSQL?

Testing on HEAD (and by inspection) nothing you've shown us provokes a
syntax error in PostgreSQL.

regression=> insert into people
(person_nbr,lname,fname,job_title,company_nbr,loc_nbr,
regression(>
loc_phone_ext,direct_phone,direct_fax,cell_phone,email,active,comment)
values
regression->
(6000,'No','Name',null,404,1,null,null,null,null,null,null,null);
ERROR: relation "people" does not exist
LINE 1: insert into people (person_nbr,lname,fname,job_title,company...

No syntax error, that it didn't find the table is expected.

Copied and pasted right from your email.

David J.