Re: wrong field in example

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yaroslav Saburov <y(dot)saburov(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Documentation <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: wrong field in example
Date: 2024-07-24 16:04:40
Lists: pgsql-docs

Just noticed you replied to me only. Send replies to the list. You can
leave individuals cc'd. The convention here is also to inline your replies
- top-posting is undesirable.

In any case, in order to write "select *" you have to group on both x and y
at the same time. If you group on either column only, the query will
fail. So the choice of x versus y is immaterial. Having grouped on x the
text is explaining that the failure to also group on y is a problem.

I don't know that the existing wording is the most clear, but it is correct.

David J.