Re: BUG #14963: Number of wal files are keep on increasing

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #14963: Number of wal files are keep on increasing
Date: 2017-12-11 14:36:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 7:18 AM, <raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference: 14963
> Logged by: Raghav Rao
> Email address: raghavendrajsv(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
> Operating system: Centos
>
> pg_xlog file the log files are keep on increasing day by day. Due to this
> disk is full unable to proceed further. Please help me.
>
> checkpoint_segments = 50
> wal_keep_segments = 8
> ​0

This is not a bug report. Please use "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org"
for usage assistance requests. Stating your version and describing what
kinds of backups you are performing are necessary for help on this topic.

If you have limited drive space the choice of 80 for "wal_keep_segments" in
not advisable - though it is only a minimum and if your backup routine is
not working properly the behavior you are seeing can result.

David J.