Re: Not able to grant access on pg_signal_backend on azure flexible server

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Saksham Joshi <sakshamjoshi64(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, bageshkumarbagimsbi(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Not able to grant access on pg_signal_backend on azure flexible server
Date: 2024-04-22 06:11:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Apr 21, 2024 at 10:49 PM Saksham Joshi <sakshamjoshi64(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> We have tried granting it with our admin user also but no avail.

This is how v16+ works in a community installation:

postgres=1 # create role cr createrole;
CREATE ROLE

postgres 2=# set role cr;
SET

postgres 2=> create role otherrole;
CREATE ROLE
postgres 2=> grant pg_signal_backend to otherrole;
ERROR: permission denied to grant role "pg_signal_backend"
DETAIL: Only roles with the ADMIN option on role "pg_signal_backend" may
grant this role.

postgres 1=# grant pg_signal_backend to cr with admin option;
GRANT ROLE

postgres 2=> grant pg_signal_backend to otherrole;
GRANT ROLE

David J.