Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and size with multiple tenants.

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: samhitha g <samhithagarudadri(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and size with multiple tenants.
Date: 2020-05-07 20:17:35
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:05 PM samhitha g <samhithagarudadri(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Our application serves multiple tenants. Each tenant has the schema with a
> few hundreds of tables and few functions.
> We have 2000 clients so we have to create 2000 schemas in a single
> database.

That is one option but I wouldn't say you must. If you cannot get
individual tables to be multi-tenant you are probably better off having one
database per client on a shared cluster - at least given the size of the
schema and number of clients.

David J.