Re: Detect who ran DROP schema

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Siraj G <tosiraj(dot)g(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sagar jadhav <sagarjdhv5(at)gmail(dot)com>, Wasim Devale <wasimd60(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kashif Zeeshan <kashi(dot)zeeshan(at)gmail(dot)com>, Muhammad Imtiaz <imtiazpg712(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Detect who ran DROP schema
Date: 2024-07-24 13:33:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wednesday, July 24, 2024, Siraj G <tosiraj(dot)g(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> PgSQL instance is a cloud SQL managed by GCP. I used the GCP observability
> tab to get the log, but I guess more logging is required to get more
> granular details.

Pretty sure you are sunk if you allow multiple people to connect over IP as
the same user. Though you might be able to locate a client IP address
somewhere.

Be glad it was UAT and that you can learn from your mistakes with minimal
damage. Enable better logging and require personal login credentials.

David J.